Destiny Library Management http://library.gssd.ca
1. Search to find resources listed in the Core and Additional Resource Lists of the curriculum.
Example: English Language Arts 6 To search for curriculum-listed resources, type the full name of the curriculum plus the grade into the search window and click SUBJECT. Click on the title details to check the listing.
2. Search for materials at the Anna Ingham Library or other school libraries.
Switch the LOCATION to Division Office for Anna Ingham materials or Good Spirit School Division for all schools.
3. Place items on hold.
Click on the title of the item of interest. The HOLD IT button will appear in the title details window. You must be log in to access the HOLDS feature.
To access the list of eBooks at your school, click on FollettShelf from the Catalog tab. You must log in to view.
To access eBooks from your mobile device, download the free app: Follett BryteWave K – 12
You will need the FollettShelf URL: http://wbbXXXXX.follettshelf.com available from your librarian or me!
Check out other eBook offerings at the public library from library2go: http://www.library2go.sk.ca/ Use their free app: OverDrive Media Console
5.. How can I check the Fountas and Pinnell levels of the resources?
6. Create lists of materials.
Once logged in, select the Resource List option on the left to create a resource list and give it a title. Then, complete your search as you would normally do. Select the items you want to add to your list by clicking on “Add to list” along the right hand side. Be sure to have the correct list selected from the drop-down menu along the top if you have multiple lists. To view lists, you may have to toggle between the My Lists and Public Lists tabs on the right of the Resource Lists screen.
7. Access digital video resources from three sources:
ROVER Password: 3 letter school code Each school has its own passcode.
Home access: firstname.lastname
with 4 digit password month/day of birth
8. Access excellent online resources from the school library homepage.
- Britannica Encyclopedia
- Library Press Display – newspaper database
- Canadian Points of View – online database with Canadian content
- Health and Wellness database
- Literature Resource Centre
- Novelist Plus
- Michelle Morley’s Online Links
- ALA Great Websites for Kids